Sunday, November 4, 2012

Flag Football 2012

This year was the first year that Luke has been old enough to play football here on base, he was a Bear.  When I told him he was playing flag football this season he gave me a concerned look.  "Do I have to play with all girls like you do?"  What?  Where did that come from?  It took me a minute and it hit me.  For the past two years I have gotten the opportunity to play on our squadrons powder-puff football team, it's an all girl squad.  No Luke, you get to play with boys.  His team was awesome!  I had no idea 7 and 8 year old boys were going to be throwing and catching the football.  I actually thought it would be more of a running game.  These young men were really impressive.  
 Luke is number 12.
 He enjoyed playing defense and got to pull a few flags this year. 

 Here he is running a kid down to pull his flag.

 The coach was unbelievably patient and taught the kids so much.  Micah and I were really impressed with the coaches and plays they were able to teach the kids.  The coaches really went above and beyond this year and left Luke wanting to play again next year.
 Here Luke is defending one of his karate buddies.



 Every kid got the opportunity to play offense and defense each game.  Every practice the kids got to play different positions, then they got to play those positions in the next game.  Luke got the opportunity to be a running back, center, wide receiver, etc.  It was a great idea on the coaches part.  Every kid got to try every position they wanted to no matter their talent level.  It was a great season and we cannot wait to do it again.








No comments:

Post a Comment