Sunday, November 25, 2012

Week 2 in Kentucky

We finished off our second week in Kentucky with more fun.  Kenton took the boys to Hubers Orchard and let them pick out pumpkins.  They picked out the biggest ones they could get their little hands on.  We spent Saturday late afternoon carving them.
 Neither kid wanted to put their hand into the pumpkin.  That's the best part!
 Tucker was pretending he was doing it for the camera.
 The boys with their carved pumpkins.  Mom carved one and I did the other. 
 Can you guess who carved which one?
 I carved Tuck's and mom carved Luke's.
We celebrated birthdays with family.
 My parents and Grandma Pogue were there along with Micah's sisters and their families and his dad.
Oh how I LOVE a good cookie cake.
 There were lots of presents.
 Star Wars are a favorite.

 A 3ds is exactly what Luke wanted.
 Can't go wrong with Skylanders.
 Tucker got a 3ds also.
Two lucky little boys.
 Uncle Wes helping put together Lego's.
 We spent a day at the Louisville Science Museum with my dear friend Jennifer Metaxas Conway and her kiddo's.  My kids love hanging out with them. 
 Tucker loved this crazy thing.  That's him in the white.
 All the kids loved this crazy thing.
 Luke and Seth wrapping themselves in a bubble.
 Tucker and Sara taking their turn.
All the kids out in front of the museum.  I didn't get pictures of everything we did while at home.  I don't have pictures of us bowling, which was so much fun.  (Mostly because I won.)  Jennifer and her boys took Kenton and Luke to Lazer tag one evening while I had something else I alumni softball practice.  Luke had the best time with Kent, Jenn and her boys, he even won one of the six games they played.  On Friday night the boys stayed the night with their Grandpa Wilson and got to hang out with their cousins.  They spent Saturday morning at an art fair jumping in bouncy castles, playing cornhole and hanging out with their cousins Eric and Rachel.  On the Saturday before we headed home I got to play in the Southern High School alumni softball game with a few girls I played with and alongside girls I coached.  I had the best time...I even got a couple of hits!  I got to spend time with some of my closest girlfriends.  (Missy Hall Weeks, Brittany Humphrey and Brooke Ruffra)  Saturday evening we went to the Immediate Care Center with Luke who caught strep throat, poor kid.  We left there and ate at Tumbleweed, one of my faves!  I spent most of Sunday packing and running around town getting everything we needed and charging electronics for our trip home on Monday.  I even got quite a bit of my Christmas shopping done.  We left Monday for Baltimore and took mom with us just in case we didn't get on our plane and had to stay the night.  We got lucky and got out on our first try and arrived back in Germany Tuesday morning.  It's good to be home, but man we miss our families.

1 comment:

  1. That is a fun place, I need to make sure we put that on the summer agenda for next year!
    Happy birthday BOYS! Looks like you all had one fun celebration!

    ReplyDelete