Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Trip to Poland

       Last spring I took a trip to Poland with our squadrons spouses group.  In all 10 women went.  It was the most overwhelming experience I have ever had.  One store said they had over 70 patterns!  The pattern I went looking for was one I have been collecting since I got to Germany.  It doesn't have a name, but I pick up a piece here and a piece there from the BX every now and again.  There were about 8 stores in Boleslawiec to shop at and only one had my pattern.  I was so disappointed because they had my pattern but only about 3 pieces of it!  I didn't know what to do!  So I decided to pick up a few pieces of the traditional pattern and one other pattern that I thought I thought I could use as china.  After a few months I realized that my taste had changed and I needed to make another trip.
       Me and my sweet friend Tiffany Mitton decided to make it a girls weekend and headed back to Poland to pick up a few pieces.  I decided I didn't need pieces that matched.  I wanted a variety of designs, I mean why settle for one when you can have six!  Why should I have to choose just one.  I wanted 12 place settings and picked my six favorite patterns and got two of each.  Here is what I ended up with.
 All of the colorful pieces are for me.  At the front of the table all of the blue pieces are items that Kenton asked me to pick up for him.
 I mean can you imagine having to pick just one!
 These are purchases from my original trip last year that mom and Kent want.
 Another photo of what mom and Kent are getting.
        When I got back from my trip with Tiffany I found out that my friend Summer Balcer was furious we had gone without her!  She didn't think she would be able to go so we went ahead and went.  When we returned she decided she couldn't live without making one more trip, so the weekend after I got back from Poland with Tiffany me and Summer and her friend Lindsay went.  I purchased a few more items, and picked these plates and bowls for Kenton.
       He loves his pottery and has asked when I'm going next because there are a few more things he'd like to have.  I guess I'll see what I can do before we leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment