Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lulu

       We acquired a dog!  My kids miss Ty and have asked for a dog numerous time.  The answer has always been a no.  Not because we don't love dogs, but we live in a three bedroom apartment in Germany.  We travel...a LOT and a dog would just make things too difficult.  Maybe when we get back to the states we would tell our kids.  Micah and I both love big dogs.  We always thought IF we get a dog it would probably be a boxer or other large four legged beast.  Wow how things change.  Micah has a friend at work who has asked us to dog sit a couple of times.  The dogs name is Jagar and my kids have fallen in love with him.  They are crazy about Jagar.  Well the last time we watched him when it was time to give him back (Sunday night) my kids were heart broken.  They wanted him to stay longer.  That night Micah says to me that he always wanted a large dog, but wouldn't mind having a small dog like Jagar.  He enjoyed that Jagar didn't shed and that he was so well behaved and didn't take up much room.  I replied by telling him I agreed, but if we got a dog it was going to be a girl.  We really need to even things out in our family.
       Be careful what you wish for.  The very next day my friend Jennifer posted that she found a small female Yorkie and had been looking for it's owner.  Here in Germany it can be quite difficult to get all the documents to travel with a pet and when people PCS they tend to leave pets behind.  It's heart breaking, but happens ALL the time.  She was found in Ramstein Village on the walking track.  She was covered in poop and mud, freezing and wet, scared to death, half starved and without any identification.  Jennifer took her home and fed her and cleaned her up and began looking for her family.  Nobody claimed her.  It is assumed she was left behind by her family. 
       When I saw her photo it was love at first sight!  I knew she would be perfect for my family.  I know, I know I said we weren't getting a pet before we got back to the states, but we PCS in October.  We leave in five months!  Surely we can manage for five months.  I contacted Jennifer who said she still hadn't found her family and that if I wanted her she was mine.  I grabbed my friend Tiffany, packed up my kids and drove to her house to pick up this little sweetie.
       Jennifer had been calling her Lucy and said she actually answered to it.  We decided to call her Lulu.  (It's close to Lucy.)  She was potty trained, played fetch and was just a little love bug.  I brought her home, without asking Micah, put her in the house and ran to the BX to get her food, a bowl, bed, collar and treats.  I knew Micah wouldn't say no. 
       When he walked in the door the kids were so excited to see him, he immediately knew something was up.  He pulled his bike into the living room to put it on the porch and that's when he saw her. 
"What.  Is.  That?"  I told him, that's our dog Lulu.  He gave me a look of what have you done?  He sat on the couch and she immediately jumped up on his lap.  She sat up on her hind legs and put her paws on his chest and looked him right in the eyes and I swear she smiled.  He melted.  She's been his ever since.  Traitor.  She was a shaggy mess when we got her, so we made an appointment to get her a hair cut and shots.  This is how sweet she looked after her hair cut.
 She's just a doll.
 Lounging on the couch.
 A photo of her cute bows.
 Her bed and her squeaky.

                                    
At her doctor visit they found a lump on her head and discovered she hadn't been fixed.  So, after her precious hair cut they had to shave half her head to remove the lump and shave her belly to fix her.  We absolutely love her to death!  She is a perfect fir for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment