Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Micah Turns 31

       I don't know about most people, but on New Years I tend to make "goals" and by my birthday in December (almost a full year has passed) I look back at the year to see what I have accomplished.  I'm usually disappointed that I didn't accomplish more.  Micah never talks about "goals" or "resolutions."  He gives 100% to everything he does and accomplishes so much ALL THE TIME.  I'm very proud of the man I married and everything he has done in the last year.  I try not to brag too much, but here is what he has done in the last 12 months.

1.  Graduated college.  He took 21 hours in the spring in order to graduate with me.  He also had a full time job and studied for his tech promotion while finishing school and helping out with our two kids. 

2.  He made Tech.  Making Tech. is the most difficult promotion to achieve and he did it on his first try!

3.  He made NCO of the quarter for his squadron.

4.  Then he won it at the group and wing levels.

5.  He put in a package to become an officer.  He was not picked up, but the fact that he was able to put in a package makes me so proud!

6.  He received an excellent on his PT test with a score higher than a 90%.

7.  He received the Maintenance Support NCO of the year award.

8.  He won the Chubby Bunny game at our squadron Christmas party and won a turkey fryer.  I know this doesn't seem as prestigious as the other achievements, but an accomplishment is an accomplishment!

Micah has achieved so much in the past year and I wanted to make sure everyone knows how very proud of him I am!  I couldn't have asked for a better husband, father and man in my life.

 Micah with his birthday cake.  (Notice the growth on his upper lip?  Mustache March.)
Making his wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment